So I wish I could have taken photos but I didn't have my camera. BUT, the local police department were doing training at the police station directly neighboring Olivia's doggie day camp. Yes, Miss Olivia goes to camp when we go out of town occasionally. We were picking her up and as we walked outside I saw a bunch of the officers dressed in flight gear? I know right? Weird. THEN I head a helicopter coming, and looked up to see it starting to circle over head. THEN the lady from the day camp came out and said "OH THEY TOLD US THIS WOULD HAPPEN TODAY!" So Olivia, Lucas, Nick and I walk over to the fence and watched the helicopter land probably 60 feet away. WE were closer to it than the officers in flight gear were when it landed. The boy's hats were blown off from the wind generated from the rotor wash. Very cool for two little boys (and their Momma too). Olivia was curious but not impressed. The loud noise didn't seem to bother her either.
The funny part is that the 4 man flight crew hopped out of the helicopter and stood around while the rotor blades came to a full and complete stop. This took like 5 minutes, people. They were talking and spitting and doing very manly things because they were . . . the awesome flight crew and those pansies over there . . . huddled by the parking lot in their brand new flight suits (which probably weren't even their own) because their boss won't let them MOVE until the rotors stop . . . . those dudes are just cops. IT WAS FUNNY SHIT. I loved watching the body language because the helicopter dudes were posturing as the "bad asses" and the cops were not too happy to be huddled up like school children who can't control themselves. And I'm sure some, if not all of the cops had flight experience (military or similar) so they didn't need to be treated like they were a bunch of 3 year olds who were about to run straight into the tail rotor. It was just very funny.
6 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment