As we drove home past the park this morning we saw a port-a-potty being delivered to the park by a big truck with a lift gate. The boys went APE SHIT because there is a real life port-a-potty and it is IN a truck ON a lift gate WITH a pump attached to the truck to clean it!!!
I screeched to a stop but I had gone so far past the port-a-potty that they couldn't see it. But the delivery man noticed my abrupt stop and looked at me for a minute as if I was a total nut job. Well he ain't seen nothin' yet!
I drove around the block and came into the park's parking lot and stopped next to the port-a-potty. The delivery man was in his truck by now and the port-a-potty was sitting on the suspended lift gate waiting to be placed on the ground. I'm pretty sure the man thought I was a stalker and he was staring at us while we stared at his awesome port-a-potty WITH A PUMP OMG!!!!!! A PUMP!!! WITH HOSES AND EVERYTHING!!!
He came over to my open window as I was pointing to the pump and explaining to the boys what everything was for, and he asked me if everything was alright.
At this point I had to come clean with the man so at least he would know we weren't stalking him, just the port-a-potty - yeah, because that's less weird, right?
"My boys really like Port-a-potties and so we had to stop to see this one."
Ummmm. Silence. Perplexed look.
So, I'm just going to guess that this isn't a normal experience for him. . .and I'm also guessing that I am just as crazy as his face expression indicated.
6 days ago





C'mon, in a business like that, you better have a sense of humor! He should have given L and N a tour of the equipment, or at least shared a few technical specs through the window. (And you are so not crazy. Find free and easy entertainment for your children where you can!)
ReplyDeleteCoop would have gone crazy over that too. He has similar love for garbage trucks. I have stalked many a garbage men already. I haven't had to come clean with them (yet) but am anxious for the day when I can tell them how cool my son thinks their job is. I think it would probably make their day. I'm sure the port-o-potty man was proud too.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA! that just made me laugh! i wish i could have been there to see his face!
ReplyDeletesara
HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete