Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Not Much News

Well I don't have much news going on here.  We went to Las Vegas NM while AJ traveled for work up there.  It was a cute little town that has a lot of really cool ollllldddd homes with the big porches under huge sagging trees.  It reminded me of the south a bit.  The city was doing a lot of work to revamp the older neglected neighborhoods and make them beautiful once again.  It was nice to see and I can't wait to see how it looks when they are done. 

We stayed in a historic hotel (complete with it's very own ghost!!) which had been remodeled tastefully to keep with it's original Victorian theme.  Our room had about a 14 foot ceiling and all the furniture was old replica Victorian wooden furniture.  It was very clean and very comfortable.  We ate dinner the first night in the restaurant in the hotel which had good food.  The problem was that the boys were BOUNCING off the freaking walls because they'd been in the car and had all this energy to release.  What a BIG mistake to hope they could sit still in a nice restaurant.  Nick was screeching - and MY GOD does he have a loud, glass-shattering screech.  Lucas was banging silverware together and loudly announcing "is that your butt I smell mommy?" NO it wasn't my butt he smelled but it didn't matter, the damage was done.  Everyone stared in the intimate, quiet dining area.  We were those horrible people who bring young children into a public place and ruin the experience for everyone.  AJ ended up taking them into the lobby until dinner was served. 

We went to Fort Union and walked around out there.  It was a neat area.  The trail took about an hour to walk around.  To wear the kids out I had them race each other to get to the next interpretive sign.  Their little legs would be moving so fast and they'd be huffing and puffing to go faster all the while I was keeping up with them at a comfortable walking pace.  Funny.  When they got tired they loaded up into the stroller for a rest.  We saw lots of birds ( I wish I'd brought my bird book!) and two larger bull snakes.  One of the snakes was hunting frogs caught in a large circular pit.  Very neat to see.  The other snake was catching some rays on the edge of the trail.  The boys and I were able to watch it for quite a while as it tried to figure out what we wanted and why we were staring at it.  Finally it decided to move away from the trail for some more privacy.  The boys loved to see it's tongue dart in and out.  Such a neat and beautiful animal, I'm so glad it let us check it out for so long. 













In other news the boys are now sharing a room.  Lucas's imagination is working at full speed now and he is becoming afraid of monsters and shadows at night.  Every night he'd ask me to stay in his room and "keep an eye on him" so the monsters didn't get him.  We would assure him that his stuffed animals were excellent guardsmen and would fend off any menacing monsters, but he didn't buy it.  So we asked him if Nick could move into his room to keep him company at night.  He readily agreed to a room mate and Nick is thrilled that he gets to spend more time with Lucas.  Nick has graduated to the big boy room in Nick's mind.  And the transition has gone off without a hitch thus far.  Lucas isn't as afraid of monsters because he knows Nick has his back and Nick is so happy to be a big boy that he is being well behaved.  They both giggle and jump from bed to bed playing with each other and then fall asleep where they fall.  It works out great and I'm glad they are becoming part-time friends.  The other part of the time they are fighting but we will gloss over that for now.

Lucas sliced open his hand pretty good with some toddler scissors while cutting paper.  He was really upset at all the blood which was dripping all over my carpet.  I was really upset about my carpet and told him to go bleed in the kitchen while I got him a paper towel.  Once we got the paper towel on his hand he kept taking it off to reexamine the wound and then he'd see more blood and start crying all over again.  We got a band aid on it and I was holding him and jokingly told him not to bleed so much next time.  He thought I was serious and told me that he'd try to not bleed that much again.  I then had to explain that Mommy wasn't serious and then explained what a joke was.  He is such a sweet boy. 

That's it ya'll.  Nothing horribly ground breaking. Have a good weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Great update. That's actually quite a lot of news. Sharing a room and big boy beds!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers