We visited Spokane – 6 hours away. It was a beautiful city. We found a nice hotel right on the Spokane River that accepted pets. It even had a sliding glass door from our room directly into a fenced doggie play area.
The highlight was the play area.
On the way home we saw these huge rolls of hay baled up. Lucas and Nick call them “cinnamon rolls”.
On another day we went to a place called Goat Lick where all the mountain goats go lick minerals out of the ground. My camera doesn't zoom super close so this is the best picture you will get. Look on the right side of the river, and look for the little white goats.
Lucas took a self photo.
The tourists are here. And they park where ever they can fit a vehicle – it doesn’t seem to matter if they park on top of a sapling or other vegetation. They don’t care. It bothers me.
Speaking of tourists: I was driving today in a 55 mph zone behind a big dump truck (BIG heavy one) and we were in the left lane because the right lane was turning. Suddenly I see a HUGE RV pull out from the right side and directly in front of this dump truck. The RV driver saw the truck and stopped. He just stopped right there perpendicular to the flow of traffic, completely blocking both lanes. The truck smoked up his tires as he skidded down the road and I was skidding right behind him. Thankfully, I had left enough room between me and the truck (I was afraid of rocks hitting my windshield) and was able to stop.
Not five minutes after this happened, another dude from Alabama swerved into the lane next to him and nearly sideswiped another tourist from Washington.
And finally, I had to drive behind an asshole from Missouri who was driving 45 mph in a 70 mph zone – for 15 miles. Jackass.
Other highlights from today:
- I removed part of Lucas’s toenail which was ingrown. It went fairly well and his toe is on the mend.
- Lucas had an allergic reaction to a ton of mosquito bites and was covered in hives. So I Benadryl-d the little dude, and began to see results later in the day. Yayyyy –for not visiting the Urgent Care yet!
- We as a precaution did drive-bys on the hospital and urgent cares in the area so I know where to go when the kids get hurt.
- Haylee puked all over the floor.
- Maya got stuck in a small crawlspace above a downstairs bathroom. I finally got her out.
- Nick’s foot began to swell up after he got 5 bites on his toes, sole of his foot, and ankle. Benadryl for Nick. I don’t know where the bugs are getting into the house, but they slept with bug spray on last night. . . . I don’t know what else to do.
- Lucas taught Nick to chew with his mouth closed. They were so adorable – I don’t even have the words. Nick looks up to Lucas and it is so sweet.
- I broke another toe, this time on a toy.
- We collected a variety of leaves and did leaf rubs with crayons and paper for a while. It was fun for me and the kids. We should do this more.
- I put Lucas on top of my shoulders and we laughed and giggled as we went around the house smashing mosquitoes on the wall. He was the official mosquito killer and I was the spotter. Nick was the one who was collecting the corpses and disposing of the bodies in a dead body pile. Good times.
- I caught the boys trying to gross each other out by sticking their butts in each others face. They were giggling and laughing hysterically as they tried to position their butts - It was both funny as hell and gross as hell. Where on earth did they learn this? Is it in male DNA to do this?













No comments:
Post a Comment