Well I've been trying to update my blog, but I'm flying solo all week so I don't have time. The sun sets around 9:40 and the kids are having trouble sleeping in the bright light. Yes - I am aware that there are blackout window covers, but we are in temporary housing and aren't able to attach things to the windows. And the kids wake up with the sun - at 5:30-ish. I can't keep Nick's nap from happening. The whole thing is nuts. I'm tired.
Last night it was so hot in the house I cracked a window (no A/C here) and an hour after we all went to bed Lucas woke me up covered in mosquito bites. I guess the screen was a big mesh . . .in any event it sucked.
I still haven't met people.
The pets have been acting out and I'm wondering why we have them at all. Olivia tried to fight with every single dog at a doggie playdate - so she and I have been enrolled in training/socialization with an experienced trainer. Before we moved she was perfectly fine and regularly played well with other dogs.
The cats hate each other and I'm about to strangle one of them. Seriously.
This sounds awful, and I'm sorry, but I am SO SICK and TIRED of being bombarded with non-stop questions. All. Day. Long. I thought it would be cool, but after a multiple days of multi-hour interrogations from a four year old, I am exhausted.
No, I don't know why that man waved at the other man. No, I don't know why some oil pipes are buried and others are on the surface. The sun makes a shadow when a cloud is in between us and the sun. The dog has hair because dogs have hair. Electricity moves better in power lines than in soil. Fish just taste good, that is why we eat them. Soap gets you clean - I don't know exactly why, it just does. I don't know why our elbows don't grow toenails. Mosquitoes make your skin itch with their saliva, I don't know exactly why. And on, and on, and
on. It is fun and exciting, but I need a break.
AJ gets back next week. I can't wait.
6 days ago





I am sorry you're having a bad week. It will get better. You will meet people. I am sorry that the last few times I called you I have been doing all the griping. You should call me and gripe sometime:)
ReplyDeleteI love that the three of us use each other as a no-holds-barred sounding board. I'm just venting. I think I'm subconsciously bitter that I'm wearing a sweatshirt again while swatting mosquitoes, and feel like I'm missing my favorite season. I'll get over it.
ReplyDelete