Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Less Frustrated

Tonight I kept Lucas up past his bedtime and we made oatmeal cookies and banana bread together. Screw it. I need to learn to lighten up a little. Lucas had a blast and I enjoyed the one-on-one time with him which we really don't get anymore. It kind of makes me sad because he is so often having to wait for my attention until his loud, screeching brother settles down.

Don't get me wrong. I love Nick more than I can express but HE IS DRIVING ME NUTS lately. He is at this stage where he is all consuming. He wants to be held and carried everywhere and if I put him down he freaking looses his mind and lets loose with this grating screeching sound. And you'd think that after five or ten minutes he'd decide to stop but noooooooo. He keeps going. So to sum up. My back is killing me from caving into my one year olds demands to carry him absolutely freakin' everywhere. I can't clean, cook, or pee with this child. And I am going out of my mind.

So baking was a nice break and nice opportunity to spend some time with my oldest baby. I mean Big Boy. He is insisting on being called a big boy now.

Lucas was clean after his Dad gave him a bath and I got him all sticky with batter. Sorry AJ.


Mmmm. The best part of baking.



And this is the current state of the rest of my house. It can wait. Indefinitely.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your mind comes back soon. Perhaps it is out for coffee with mine!

    I do sometimes think about how it will be sad to lose the one on one time with Sara when numero dos comes along. I'm glad you got to have some special time with your big boy.

    I remember when I was younger my mom and I used to sometimes "have a deal" some nights when I would wait for my sister to fall asleep and then she would let me get up for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. He is having a hard time lately. I think it is the pressure to potty train. So we have stopped with the potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Those will be good ones to pull out to show to his friends when he's a teenager.

    I now have so much respect for you for moving TWICE with kids! I have so much today, and I don't know how you managed to get everything packed and unpacked while being a mom too.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers