Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Apricots

Yes this is a boring and mundane thing to write about but oh well.

I recently canned Apricot jam without using pectin. I tried an old fashioned recipe where you cook the jam to a certain consistency and then can it so that the pectin in the fruit is released and it sets up without additional pectin. Well it didn't work. I don't think I cooked the jam long enough and now I have all this apricot syrup that I am not sure what to do with.

So today I bought more apricots and am going to make jam again only I am going to use the pectin that you add to the batch. You would think by now (I have made a lot of jam in my 30 years) I would know that I shouldn't mess with a good thing. Why would I try a recipe when there wasn't anything wrong with the old jam recipe? I feel bad because I sent my sister home on a plane with Apricot syrup when she was looking forward to jam. This next batch I am going to make with pineapple. Yummy. Apricot pineapple.

Oh, and the weight watcher diet is off to a rocky start. I am so hungry all the time. I am on the core plan too, not the points plan. So I bought a bunch of fruit today so that I have plenty to eat and won't go off the diet. But I have got to loose some weight. This is rediculous, I am huge. I am avoiding all photographs of myself because I don't want this weight documented which makes me feel bad because at the same time I want pictures of me with the kids at this age. The only solution is to improve my diet and I may even have to resort to exercise. *GASP* The dreaded cardio. I would hate for it to come to that, but it may. . . .

Tomorrow I find out if Lucas has some weird fungus on his head so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers