I'm standing in line at the only store in town. Wal-Mart. The man in front of me is super perky and smiling and chatting it up with the cashier. Based upon his demeanor I said to him: "You're not from around here are you?"
He says "No I'm not how did you know?"
And I told him that he was far too chipper to be from this town. He laughed and said that he just applied for a job here and was hoping to get it.
Step one: Open mouth
Step two: Insert foot
But I was right. He was a newbie. They are so obvious. And I am way too cynical.
Seriously though, who is that happy in this town at 8:00am? No one. Even the cashier was all bitchy and abrupt with him. People around here can't help it. I have fallen victim to this syndrome and need to snap out of it fast. I now feel bad for making him think that this was a shitty place to live. It isn't THAT bad. It is just isn't THAT good either.
6 days ago





Hey Kristin,
ReplyDeleteJust found you on here!
I used to play a fun game in Wal-Mart called "They're not from around here" I would guess who was probably just passing through visiting the cave or something. Usually they were the in-shape looking people wearing Chacos or Tevas or something.
I hope you get out of there soon!