Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daddy Does Bedtime (sort of)

Well this evening I am suddenly not feeling well and am fairly incapacitated in bed. Don't ask why because you don't want to know the answer. Really. So AJ had to do dinner clean-up and bedtime for both kids alone.

Here is how the night went:

6:15 Dinner was done and I went to bed
6:20 Nick's crying and Lucas is refusing to eat dinner
6:30 Nick is still fussing and Lucas is running around the house yelling at the top of his lungs
6:32 I tell AJ to put Nick to sleep
6:37 Nick is asleep and laying on our bed in our room, Lucas is asking his dad to play blocks with him - AJ is laughing at the TV and sitting comfortably on the couch
6:42 I tell AJ that he may want to clean up the kitchen before all hell breaks loose. He gives me a put-upon look and gets off the couch
6:48 Nick wakes up screaming and kicking his legs (he had gas for those who don't know) . AJ is trying to keep Lucas occupied while doing dishes
6:51 AJ can't juggle both kids so I leave the bathroom (yes I was in the bathroom most of the evening) to help.
6:55 I'm back in the bathroom, AJ is dressing a still crying Nick for bed and Lucas has diarrhea in his diaper. Lucas runs to get his clean diaper and wipes so his Daddy can change his diaper.
6:57 Lucas is crying because Nick got diaper goop (Desitin) and he didn't. Nick is so tired, has gas and is still crying. AJ gets Lucas ready for a shower
7:00 I leave the bathroom again to tell AJ to put Nick in his "gas position"and walk him around (which I could not physically do at the time). I cancel the planned Lucas shower and instead I get Lucas dressed for bed
7:13 Nick is happily draped across AJ's forearm in his "gas position" while Lucas insists that I read him his bedtime books - I again leave the bathroom to read bedtime books
7:25 Lucas is in bed and Nick is asleep in AJ's arms, the kitchen is trashed. I am mercifully back in bed.

So much for being sick. How in the heck am I going to do this when AJ is traveling so much?

1 comment:

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers