Lucas has finally started to talk. It has been gradual but he is now trying to repeat what we say and trying to pronounce words. Yesterday he said SINK! I know - most kids his age are stringing together a sentence but we are still trying to get him to pronounce words so I am thrilled that he is now interested in trying. He is also starting to combine two words such as "Dada work" and "cold
wa" (for cold water). And he is also pointing to objects in books and tying to say what they are which is HUGE. We have spent the last year and a half reading and pointing
every single day and trying to get him to want to try to say things. It was so funny because he can't say "ball" or even "
ba" but he can say the word "accept".
Story time before bed.

Way to go Lucas! Maybe his next word will be Albuquerque, or escrow, interest rate, or maybe even house-hunting. All those fun terms you now get to look forward to! Congrats on the house too!
ReplyDelete~Amy
Cool! That's pretty random that he picked up on "accept." I think it is hilarious when kids reach the point where they think they can read, and then completely make words up while "reading" a book. (But you probably have a few more years until that one!) I like your tickers at the bottom, wow, 9 years since your first date!
ReplyDelete