Today was a very long day - over 6 hours in the car driving around looking at neighborhoods and areas outside of Alb. to live in. We also visited the Petroglyphs and met some of AJ's new co-workers and saw an old friend. The people there seem very nice and we are SO FREAKIN' EXCITED to move up here I can't even tell you. The kids did so well, I think in large part to us being super flexible and willing to stop for an hour or two to let them out of the car. We spent 1.5 hours in the parking lot of a casino where Lucas went rock hunting in a near-by wash. He found many rocks that he couldn't live without so we ended up using a snack box as a "special rock box" for all the treasures he couldn't leave behind.
I know this is sad but Lucas has never been in a swimming pool before so AJ took him to the hotel pool this afternoon while I stayed in the room and let Nick sleep. I guess Lucas had a blast. He was screaming and laughing and splashing and loved it when AJ threw him in the air and dipped him in the water. So now that we are going to be in the "big city" we are going to have to visit the community pool on a regular basis and also get him swim lessons. So much to do up here . . . my head is just spinning. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Nick needed to stretch out so we laid him in the back of the car. He was having such a good time and was so glad to get out of the car seat that he started flirting with me.






I know, aren't cities great? The worst part about Carlsbad is not that it doesn't have a lot of things, but that the people living here don't even know that those things exist! No one at the Current Anguish had ever heard of Trader Joe's before!
ReplyDeleteCarlsbad has that awesome beach though, aren't you going to miss that???
ReplyDeleteSeriously, one of the firefighters I worked with was from Carlsbad and didnt know where any states were on the map besides NM, TX and MN (because he used to live there) and probably CA. Carlsbadians really need to get out a little more often. Or at least look at a freakin map. El Paso wasn't much better either. Half the people there didn't know where Guiadalupe Mountains was!