In two weeks from now I am going to be in Albuquerque - permanently. I think. We haven't received an offer on the house (I know it has only been two weeks - but still) and I am getting nervous. I am tempted to call off the movers and stay here until we get an offer. I guess it may be possible for AJ to telecommute until the house sells - assuming it sells in a reasonable amount of time. But I would hate for the movers to come and still have a month before the house sells. . . so I am just not sure what to do.
Any suggestions?
Other than that. . . I am still getting people coming through to see the house just about every other day. Which is great - except they always want to come at nap time which is difficult on me and the kids. But hey - I'll do whatever it takes. This one woman in BIG dark sunglasses came yesterday and opened every drawer (including my dresser!), turned off my preheating oven, opened my BBQ, looked in my washer and dryer and then pranced off with her realtor. Can you say B-I-T-C-H? Then the next group came a half an hour late while we were making dinner. You see I wasn't home at 5:00 when they were supposed to have come, so when I got home I assumed they had already been by to see the house so I preceded to go about my business of trashing the kitchen in my nightly ritual of making dinner. Well then the doorbell rang. CRAP.
And then today I ran into this gal I know at the playground. Do you ever get the feeling that everything you say, including the way you say it is being judged and looked down upon? That is how I felt. And so it made me nervous so I kept talking and getting more and more chatty which made me feel like she had more to judge so I got even WORSE. It was a horrible vicious cycle. I am sure she wasn't judging me at all and it is all in my psychotic stressed out little brain, but the fear is real . . . She was probably wondering what in the hell is wrong with me, which would explain the perplexed look on her face that I undoubtedly misinterpreted as judgment. God I am nuts. I need sleep.
Lucas didn't know what to do with other kids at the park. He is used to playing at the park by himself because usually we are alone, but today there were a bunch of kids his age there and he had no idea how to socialize. I realized as I watched him playing in the corner by himself, obviously uncomfortable with the social scene at the playground, that I really have to find a playgroup in Albuquerque for him. If not for me, then for him. On the up side though - he was by far the cutest kid at the park. And I am totally unbiased. Really. And his physical attractiveness is far more important than social skills or emotional health. (If you think I am serious - YOU NEED SLEEP.)
And one last thing, why can't I spell the word business correctly with out electronic assistance? I want to spell it buisness, but nooooooo that damned "i" has to be after the bus. It is confusing and I think it should be officially changed to buisness so that I can have an easier life.
6 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment