We took the dog back to the no-kill shelter at the end of our trial period. He refused to go pee in the yard. And on the final day we had him he refused to go pee on the brief walk in the rain that AJ took him on, but the damned dog had no trouble lifting his leg on the wall and peeing on the carpet. That simply won't work. If it is raining outside I need a dog that will willingly pee in the yard or at least on a five minute walk in the rain.
My niece and nephew came to stay with us for the week with their grandma (AJ's mom) so we will be busy seeing all the kid-friendly sights and attractions for the week. I'll try to post pictures of our adventures, if I remember to take pictures. First I need to remember to take the camera. Today we went to the zoo and had a good time. It was surprisingly empty for a holiday weekend but I suppose that most people were in church when we were cruising through the zoo. Their loss. We saw the elephant working with the trainer and doing tricks, and the Lorokeet feeding (visitors are allowed to feed the birds by hand - lots of fun), and the the giraffe feedings.
Tomorrow I think we will try to hit the aquarium and the botanical gardens before it gets too hot. There is a kids maze at the botanical gardens, it is a huge maze that goes on forever - pretty cool.
Hope everyone had a good 4th!
6 days ago





Shoot, sorry the relationship didn't work out. Peeing on the carpet is for sure a deal breaker.
ReplyDeleteYeah, pee inside is no fun. Are you going to try out another dog?
ReplyDeleteI have a real problem with animals that pee where they aren't supposed to. Puppies and kittens I can forgive - but animals that know better. Unforgivable.
ReplyDeleteWe are probably going to keep looking for a dog, but we aren't in a hurry.