Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Updates

Nick has moved into as size 6 shoe as of today, his 14 month birthday. And I was looking at him today . . . he looks taller again. And he thinks he is a big boy like his brother. He insisted on standing over the toilet bowl without his pants on so he could try to pee like his big brother. It was so cute watching him try to pull his pants off. I of course helped him and we "tried" to pee in the toilet. It is all about equality with Nick. If Lucas gets to do it than so should Nick. And on that same note we are about to move Nick into a booster seat. No - pulling up the highchair to the table isn't good enough for him, and no we aren't thinking our kid is so advanced that he has outgrown a highchair. Nick has noticed the inequality in seating arrangements and is making an issue out of it, so we are going to have to get a seat like Lucas's.

It kind of makes me happy to be moving him to a booster because the highchair we have attaches to the seat which we love. It worked out really well for the first nine months or so, but now that he is so messy the food gets everywhere and there are so many cracks and crevasses that I can't keep the thing clean even with the cover off. It is rather gross. Why they make a highchair with so many unreachable crevasses is a mystery to me. And since I am ranting, the crotch buckle doesn't remove, and it is a cloth strap . . . seriously, what idiot designed this thing? Overall though I like the highchair better than all the others I looked at. Nothing is perfect. Except my opinions. :-)


Here is Nick, puckering up after I told him to smile for the camera.



This is Lucas's forced smile. I think he is so photogenic, when he keeps his eyes open. Most of the time he closes his eyes for the camera.



Here is Nick at the table, with his legs pulled in front of him. It drives me crazy that he sits this way and I constantly do battle with him to sit properly but I am slowly giving up the battle. At least I have stopped him from standing up and screaming. I won the important battle.



Mr. Lucas sticking his tongue out at me.

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute!
    I wouldn't worry about the "legs pulled up" form of sitting at the table. As long as he is sitting there actually eating, I think it's good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So don't call child protetective services on her, because it's about 30 years too late, but my mom would use her fork to "remind" us not to put our knees up or elbows on the table. Just a little poke in the offending joint. Understand I'm not recommending this, just sharing.

    Nick's kissy face is a pretty good look for the camera. Lucas' fake smile is fairly convincing. A little more practice, and he work the info desk at your closest NPS unit.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers