Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh Good LORD Stop Screaming in Public

You know those kids in the stores (or any public space) that scream for no reason at the top of their lungs - just for the sake of screaming? Their parents always seem to be oblivious to the noise and continue on their way without even attempting to correct this offensive little monster? Don't you just hate that? I sure do. I am always casting evil glances at the parents because they let their kids disturb me. Why in the hell would you ALLOW your child to be so disruptive? Do I have suggestions for them? No. I just want their kids to shut the hell up.

I have figured out why parents allow the kids to scream while carrying on with their business as if nothing is amiss. They are deaf.

I am now deaf too. Nick likes to scream. A LOT. And it isn't generally because he is upset or crying, he is just screaming because he likes the echo, or the noise. . . or something. He has one of those voices that projects itself across a crowded room with zero effort. Even when he babbles it is really loud. But Nick just likes to hear himself scream. And there is absolutely NOTHING AT ALL that I can do about it. So I ignore it. Because that is how I am going to preserve what little sanity I have left. And now I have morphed into one of those parents that I have despised for so long. And yesterday, at Sam's Club, I realized that I am truly one of "those parents" when I received no fewer than 6 evil glances. And part of me cared, but the other part of me just tuned out the glances, just like I was tuning out Nick's screaming.

This is Karma in action people. Watch your back, it could happen to you too.

1 comment:

  1. one of my nephews is a screamer. Sara isn't but I am certain that the next one will be.

    I would tune it out too.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers