Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 25, 2009

Grandparents and Christmas

Here is Nick chillin' with my parent's dog. This is a vicious dog, he could snap at any moment. Can't you tell? :-)
My parents and the kids. This was taken right before my parents left. I love this picture.
Here is AJ's Mom and Nick making funny sounds together.
I need to get more pictures of Nancy with the kids. They are so happy she is here for Christmas.
The train table took both AJ and I a long time to put together. I had no idea there would be so many moving parts and pieces. There is a whole pile of pieces to the left of this picture that you can't see. It was truly a construction site. We should have had hard hats on. Damn you AJ for your "safety" influence!!! Now I have lame safety humor too.

TaDA!!! Done. This is a gift from Grandma (AJ's mom) to the boys. Wait. Where was she during construction?
And they loved it!! They played and argued and tore up track and argued some more then played some more, then scattered pieces a little bit, then finally tried to reconstruct everything. This will be hours of entertainment.
It was about 18 degrees outside this morning so our driving lessons were cut short until it warms up a little. But the boys love their new truck. They helped put it together and are super excited about driving it. Lucas loves all the little contraptions on the truck. The dumping bed, the key, the "gas" tank that he can open and pretend to put gas into. Nick loves that he gets to ride around. He feels like he is a big boy which is soooo important to Nick. Although he might be afraid of Lucas' driving because he has a death grip on the handle bar on the dash.
Here is a video. In it you can hear Lucas insisting that it was out of gas (he loves to pump gas) and wanted to stop and get gas for it. Nick kept climbing out because he was frozen and wanted to go inside. Don't let the shinning sun fool you it was really REALLY cold out. You can also hear the wind which I'm sure dropped the temp even more. So I'll post another video when it has warmed up and the kids are more willing to play outside.






Opening presents.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky boys, lucky grandparents and lucky Mom and Dad. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is nick not climbing all over the train table?
    how are those blocks being used to build something and not scattered all over the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne - Nick has attempted to climb the table but only after the initial excitement of the train wore off. And the blocks have resumed their rightful place scattered all over the floor.

    I just chose the pretty, nice pictures to put on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! (5 days later.) That dog is massive. I say you get a saddle for him next year.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers