Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Lost Day at Sea and Costa Maya

Day Two - at sea all day. I took the maximum dose of Dramamine and slept the entire day. Seriously. The entire day - gone. I have no memory. If I had bothered to read the side effects I wouldn't have been completely shocked and surprised that I slept the entire day away. For the duration of the trip I only took one Dramamine and managed to stay awake. I do vaguely remember AJ coming and going from our room a lot. He was running around the ship entering every contest and giveaway they had. He was filling out coupons and playing BINGO and attending seminars so he could get another piece of the giveaway puzzle. No, he didn't win anything. But he spent the entire day trying. He was very happily busy.

Day Three - Costa Maya, Mexico. It is a very small little town with a very touristy port full of vendors, a spectacular "party pool" with a bar you swim up to and lots of beautiful people laying around the pool on lounge chairs. I decided I was too pasty white to blend in there. Plus getting sunburned and shit faced was not on my list of "to-do's". We opted to go on an excursion where we would see interesting things like Mayan temples and really fat people on our tour struggle to walk 100 feet. . . more on that in another post.


Here we are on the comfy bus that was driven by a competent bus driver. Our guide was a local Mayan who had a masters degree in elementary education. Costa Maya recently was devastated by a hurricane and jobs are in short supply so he is a tour guide until the local school gets up and running again. He understandably had a few unfavorable things to say about Catholicism and the Conquistadors and it was interesting to get a local perspective on things.




Here is the party pool with our ship in the background.



We had a really good time watching all the really drunk sunburned people stagger down the really long pier back to the ship. A few people had to have assistance and some even had to get a ride on the obesity shuttle. We had a good day!


Our ship only served Pepsi products. I am a hardcore Diet Coke addict. Had I known this before I bought the tickets it might have been a deal breaker. I know. I'm that addicted. It is sick. But I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I was able to get my hands on a real live COKE in port!! I was so thrilled I took a picture. I was bad and got a full strength Coke.

2 comments:

  1. Hotdogs, Mayan Temples and Coke!? Man, you are living the dream already on this vacation. I love getting the play-by-play. Makes me feel like I'm there with ya (maybe just a little bit). Keep the details coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I am glad that you did not have to ride the "obesity shuttle"

    2) Ancient temples are cool. I saw a bunch when I was in Mexico.

    3) I'm not sure that we can continue to be friends as I am a Pepsi person. It always annoys me that Coke is more prevalent in the world out there :)

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers