This is a pig head just chillin' on the sidewalk. Nice.
I took this picture to remind me to tell you about poor AJ. This is the day we got off the ship. The night before we disembarked they collected all the baggage so that they could have it off loaded and ready to go once we were in port. You are supposed to pack a small bag of clothes and toiletries to get you through the night and morning. Well I forgot to set aside underwear and socks for my poor husband. He asked me several times if I did and I assured him that I had his underclothes but . . . as it turned out I did not. So AJ had to cruise around without socks or underwear. I felt so bad too. (note in the pic that he doesn't have socks on)
All is going well here. I am still not in the Christmas spirit. In fact I am rather irritable and grumpy. Part of it is the weather. It is gray and cloudy out.
Why do I keep wanting to spell the color GRAY as "Grey"? Is there something else spelled grey?
The kids are behaving terribly. I don't know what to make of it. They are bouncing off the walls, screaming, throwing things, jumping. . . you name it they are doing it. At dinner I can't keep either one of them in their seats. My frustration is mounting because I literally can't turn around without someone doing something unacceptable. To save my sanity I must keep them busy ALL THE TIME. I think rain, shine, or snow I'm going to bundle them up and throw them outside for a while tomorrow. Because I can't entertain all the time. Mommy needs to sit down and pay bills and so far I haven't had a chance to do this because I have two little people that want to help and that means they color on my checks and bills with their own pens. . . which isn't good.
I was beginning to feel pretty inadequate today until I went to a potluck with my Mom's group. Talking to them made me feel adequate again. They are all frazzled and no one has their act together. Every one of the ladies were annoyed with someone in their family. Everyone was tired of baking cookies, tired of yelling at kids to stay away from the tree and tired of wrapping presents. Ahhh the holidays. So at least I know I'm not alone in my holiday grumpiness.





So easy to feel overwhelmed. You have plenty of company. Breathe deeply.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even put ornaments on the tree this year, and I haven't sent my Christmas cards yet. At this point I'm feeling like Christmas should be every other year.
ReplyDelete