Lucas has started calling my Mom "Ice" because she always has ice tea that she shares with him. We went to El
Paso yesterday to get "Ice" at the airport and it was a pretty cool day. We went up the tramway at the Franklin
Mtns State Park (Yes I must abbreviate because I am lazy)
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/wyler_aerial_tram/ and it was a great view from the top. We saw all of El
Paso, Juarez and . . .
ok. Now I am just trying to put a good spin on this. You want the truth? It was kind of sad up there. All you could see - for as far as the eye could see was smog, factory stacks, development gone mad and yes, more smog. I would include pictures but I forgot the camera and honestly it wasn't pretty at all. At this point I am tempted to launch into a rant about big
business, environmental laws and politics . . . but I am tired and will breeze past these topics. On the good side though the people running the tram were incredibly nice and it was interesting to see the area from that high up.
Here is Lucas after his first push pop. I figure this is better than pictures of the
ASARCO (copper smelter) smoke stacks.

Oh how I miss the ASARCO smokestacks! Lucas is definately cuter than them. It kinda looks like he was eating a push pop made of carrots, as that is the only orange I ever see all over a kid's face around here so far.
ReplyDelete