Nick got his 2 month shots the other day and it was such an ordeal . . . whew. The nurse didn't call us in until we had been waiting for an hour. An hour is a really super long time to wait with an infant and toddler in a waiting room. When she got us into a room she commented on how cute Nick was and said that she HATED giving little ones shots. She went on to say that she nearly has a panic attack everytime she has to give babies shots because she hates making them cry. Great.
So I offered to give the shot and she could hold him. She said that she had to be the one to give it, which didn't surprise me. But I was very concerned about her technique if her only goal was to "get it over with".
Sure enough, she stabbed him with the needle in the most painful way possible. She had three shots to give and it was terrible. I really could have done a better job. As someone who has given plenty of IM shots before, I can confidently say that she sucked. So poor Nick, my "Mr. Mellow", was hysterical for about 15 minutes and despite all my attempts to calm him he just couldn't be calmed. *Sigh*.
Thankfully he has recovered and seems to be his mellow self again but I am more than a little pissed that they would have a woman giving shots to babies who has major anxiety over it.
On a positive note, tomorrow is the garage sale! So I've gotta get moving on it. We had a woman stop by the house this morning thinking it was today. Those people are voracious. She was so intense. I've never encountered hard-core garage salers before. Yeah I know Salers isn't a word but you know what I mean.
4 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment