Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Video Kick

I'm on a video kick lately so I think I might just post a rotating selection of videos until I have something exciting to write about.

Don't think I'm a bad Mommy for letting Nick fall off the fireplace repeatedly. I kept catching him mid-fall before I busted out the video camera. He kept climbing up there and I couldn't keep him off the fireplace. So I decided that if I couldn't keep him off than I just should resign myself to watching him learn that if he leaned off an edge he would fall - and that meant letting him actually fall. Scary. But it isn't too far of a fall and he has to learn sometime. I have child-friendly ice packs in the freezer ready to go plus I also have Popsicle's which make most boo boo's go away.

I was actually hoping that he'd learn how to gracefully lower himself back to the ground without bailing head first off the fireplace. Soon I suppose he'll figure out that he needs to scoot his feet down off the edge.

3 comments:

  1. That was actually pretty funny. He climbs up there, and then you see the "oh shit!" expression on his face as he tries to find a way down. It's like a cat getting stuck in a tree. But I guess he doesn't mind falling if he continues to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried helping him down but he turns around and climbs right back up. Somethings he just insists on figuring out himself - which means falling right on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara thought it was funny! Apparently Lucas did too, I heard him laughing in the background.

    Don't worry, no one thinks you're a bad mom, it's only a foot or so and it's onto a carpeted floor. Tile floors REALLY suck.

    p.s Sara also enjoyed seeing your "dog" Haylee.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers