Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Boys Will Do Boy Things No Matter What.

Tonight it was just me and the kids and I was really pooped out. So after fixing dinner, which was stir fry with rice (for you parents out there you are rightfully cringing at the idea of giving a 14 month old rice due to the incredible mess) and the ensuing clean up, I decided I didn't have the energy for bath time. All I really wanted was a shower which has been eluding me for three days now. Too Much Information (TMI) I know. So I decided to make a family affair out of this shower which was a great idea, because I got my hot shower and the kids got all the soy sauce off their bodies.

I left the boys in the shower to play in the water while I dried off and got dressed. Hell I even had enough time to brush my hair and brush my teeth! Amazing! As I am standing at the vanity I am listening to the boys play in the water. I hear a very tiny but distinctive fart. Then Lucas starts laughing and opens the shower door and says: "Me farted on Nick's head. Me farted FOUL on Nick's head." I about peed my pants laughing. Poor Nick. It sometimes doesn't pay to be the youngest. But Nick, not knowing why Lucas was laughing so hard started laughing right along with him. I didn't bother to tell Lucas that passing gas on some one's head isn't nice. I was just to darn tired. And I need to pick my battles. I guess I can look forward to more of these brotherly moments in my future.


Here Nick looks especially thin. I keep trying to fatten the little bugger up, but he keeps gaining height not fat.


Lucas, peeking out to say hello. He was so nice to Nick (other than the farting episode) and kept opening the door for Nick so that Nick could make sure I was still around. The little dude is at the age where he wants to keep track of me.


Nick, looking skinny and cute. He is such a sweet little guy.

2 comments:

  1. They are so very cute these days!
    I used to babysit these three horror children; a four year old girl and her 8 and 10 year old brothers.
    Anyways, once the brothers were taking a shower together and the older one peed on the younger on. Gross.
    And it is not just boys who think farts are funny. If Sara hears one (not saying from who) she will do her very best to produce one as well. She gets that straining look of concentration on her face and looks at us to make sure it is properly acknowledged. It is too cute to ignore, so we probably don't help matters by encouraging, so sue us, farts ARE funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so funny that Sara tries to fart too! I love it. I wasn't going to admit it but I think I am the one who taught Lucas that farting is fun. AJ refuses to take responsibility for something so clearly in line with my toilet humor. As if he is all above laughing at a really foul fart.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers