Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Got my Craft On

Today I got all crafty with some ladies in my Mommy group. My Mom-in-law watched the kiddos while I was away. I loved being able to focus on what I was doing and not worry about the kids.

Amy was the ring leader and she does an excellent job of patiently explaining over and over again how to do each and every card. She is from the south and says funny things like "so cute I'm not even standing it". I really like to give her a hard time and tease her and she takes it so well. One time after she went to all this work and we were making Christmas cards, I announced in the middle of the project that this was waayyy too much work for something we could buy at Walmart. She did not think it was funny, until I burst out laughing at her reaction.

Anyway, poor thing has to explain to me repeatedly how to do these things because I am a bumbling fool with artsy, crafty things. I have zero creativity. ZERO. But I copy things well so Amy has learned to make an example card for Miss Kristin to copy. When I screw up she doesn't admit it at all but instead exclaims "oh that is just beautiful, I looovve it". Today when she did that I couldn't even keep a straight face because she was obviously lying through her teeth. I think she is funny because she has this southern charm thing going on and I am just so crass that we bounce off of each other pretty well.

5 comments:

  1. This Amy also thinks your work is beautiful! I especially like the cherish card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You go (crafty) girl. This Amy totally thinks so too! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, yeah that was sappy. Sorry. I meant it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that I have a lot of Amy's in my life! And I love and appreciate each one of you. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I need a crafty ladies group in my life.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers