Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

You May Not Care But. . .

LUCAS IS POOPING ON THE TOILET NOW!!!!!!

It has taken us a long time to convince him that pooping on the toilet is better than pooping in underwear or pullups. He was very stubborn about this and while he was more than happy to go potty in the toilet he absolutely REFUSED to go poop on there. It got to the point where he would flat out refuse to go at all until he became horribly constipated and then it was painful which made the whole situation worse.

The pediatrician told us to not put any pressure on him because it would make it worse. So we just ignored it and kept changing his pullups every time he pooped. He would tell us he had to poop and we would change him from underwear into pullups so that he could go. Again, if we didn't put him in pullups then he would get constipated and end up in pain, which would make him more unwilling to go. We used mild laxatives that the Doc prescribed but those were just to get him to GO in pullups after a bout of self inflicted constipation.

I can't emphasize how excited I am. Finally WE HAVE POOP IN A TOILET!!!!!!!

People who aren't parents may not understand what a huge freaking deal this is but having one less bottom to wrap in a diaper is a very big deal!

And more important than Lucas' accomplishment is my accomplishment:

I have finally potty trained someone! Horray for me. I don't fail the potty training section of parenting!!!!!

: ) *kidding of course*

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good job! Ugh, I am dreading the whole potty training gig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for big boy skilz! (And mommy skilz...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I care! I totally can't wait until I can tell you the same news someday...................SOMEDAY.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers