The Problem : My case of Diet Coke was in the car. I was in the house in pajamas. (Shut it. I know it is nearly 10:30.)
The Situation: My boobs are totally unrestrained and I really don't want to put a bra on. We are on a busy neighborhood road that is occupied by AJ's coworkers. I really shouldn't free-boob it out to the car, barefoot, in hot pink pajama bottoms with residual mascara smeared on my face. It is a rough life being a housewife.
The Solution : Tell the boys they have a very important mission. To locate, retrieve, and deliver two cold unshaken Diet Cokes.
Mission Briefing: "Lucas. Can you open a car door? You can? Good. Now. Here's the top secret mission. Run quickly out to the car. Open the door. Climb all the way into the very back and pull out two Cokes. Climb back out of the car. Close the door. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you shake the precious Cokes. Can you boys do this? GREAT. Momma is so proud of how independent you both are. Now run fast so you don't get too wet in the rain. And try not to step on slugs with your bare feet . . . . ."
I think I may actually get the worst Mom of the year award.
In my defense they were soooo excited to be given the important mission.
6 days ago





You are brilliant. Brilliant, I say!
ReplyDelete