6 days ago
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Shiny Lips in a Redneck Town
The drive to town is long - especially for kids who aren't used to being in the car so much. So we got creative the other day to halt an emerging fight between the boys. I pulled out shiny lip gloss. They both carefully applied the stuff (on a lip gloss stick - you know the kind) in a moving car without a mirror - a 3 and 4 year old. It was funny watching them try to get the stick in the right spot on their faces.
Then we had them pucker and pose for shiny lip photos. They both asked us if their lips looked good and shiny. They are sooo sweet. So adorable. GOD I love these kids. As tough as it is to raise kids and as much as I complain, they are my whole world. If I get frustrated, it is mostly because I'm afraid I'm screwing them up and scaring them for life by setting and enforcing rules. The day to day decisions on consistent rules is what wears me down. But it will be worth it, they will turn out to be great people. They already are great people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.







Heeeelarious pucker-up poses!
ReplyDeleteYour last paragraph: I hear you. You're not alone.