Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Where the Doctors Are

We had a great weekend! Nothing too exciting happened, we hung out and moved from one temporary house and into another. Moving twice has added stress that I didn't really need. I do, however like the floorplan of this house better than the last one.

The search for a long term rental continues. We are looking at more homes today. If we could live in Kalispell (an hour away) it would be SO much easier to find a place. Instead we are focused on Columbia Falls, (~4500 people) because the commute would be much easier on AJ. And the longer he is commuting the less we get to see him. When you throw in pets our options are even more limited. And I'm being all picky and insisting on NOT living in a double wide, so that narrows the field even more. :-)

Today I extracted green playdough from both of Nick's nostrils. That was really a challenge. He'd been pretending that he had a green mustache, and apparently shoved part of his mustache up his nose. I squeezed his nostrils together and it squished out like toothpaste. I had visions of rushing him to the urgent care. But thankfully he blows his nose like a champ and it all came out.

Yesterday I had to rush poor Olivia to the Pet Emergency Room after she ate something in the yard. It could have been anything, but it was a fawn color and looked like mushrooms. She was foamy, and poopy, and trying but unable to pee, and she couldn't keep water down. They did blood, and her liver was inflamed, and she was dehydrated. Fluids, drugs, drugs, drugs and special food were given and she seems to be on the mend. Poor baby. I'm so glad there is a 24 hour pet ER here!

On a happy note we had some fantastic scones that I made. I used sour cream (fat free!) With cranberries and orange extract. So good!

I saw the sun briefly Thursday afternoon, and Saturday evening for about 20 minutes. I am really craving some sunlight - any sunlight would be good. The weather people keep giving us hope by saying "Partly sunny tomorrow!". The locals are grumbling because the weather people are in Missoula and don't seem to realize that our weather is different than their weather. I don't care so much about all that - I only want to see the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers