Lucas had his bladder test which was fairly uneventful. According to me who sat in the hallway with Nick while AJ and Lucas were in the room. AJ's account is somewhat more dramatic. I guess he was afraid that it was going to hurt like the blood draw hurt so he screamed for most of the procedure. Thank God I couldn't hear it. But it is over and we should hear about results on Friday at the earliest.
I did meet a nice Mom in the waiting room who's 7 month old was there for a CT scan. I guess his head was measuring larger than normal. They were checking it out to be sure there wasn't water on the brain? But it sounded really scary. When she told me all I could think to say was "better safe than sorry, it's good you are getting it checked." How lame is that? I hate that I never know what to say to people about stuff like that. I felt like I needed to try to minimize it for her because she was clearly terrified, she'd probably been living the worst-case-scenario in her mind.
I was struck by how many really really REALLY sick people were in Radiology. I know, I know, it is a hospital after all. There was this man about the same age as my Dad who was clearly very ill. He was wheeled in the waiting area by his wife and son (who was my age). His eyes were so lifeless and tired. I felt so bad for him. Nick was talking very loudly to his hands and making yodeling noises and the sick man would look up and chuckle at Nick which made me feel a bit better - at least Nick was entertaining!
Have a good Turkey Day!!!
6 days ago





I never know what to say to people that are going through a scary (or sad) time. I think it's because there isn't anything TO say. But, I think that just saying anything shows that you care enough to try.
ReplyDeleteThe lab at the Odessa hospital in right next to the breast care/radiology department. Every time I walked past there, I said a little prayer that I will NEVER have to visit THAT section, other than for a mammogram later on in life.
ReplyDeleteI am so afraid of cancer. It seems like everyone gets it these day. Plastics I tell you, that's whats doin it.
And while we're on the subject, do you ever read the obits in the Arrowhead and notice that there are LOTS of young parkies dying? What's up with that?? We're supposed to be granola munching, hiking healthy people?
Actually I have noticed that. I was wondering what was going on. It's scary how fast life is moving, seems just like yesterday that I was 18.
ReplyDelete