Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

House hunting

I went house hunting today.

That's it. No news.

Except that people who are trying to sell their house are sometimes really weird. This one lady refused to show her house until tomorrow afternoon when her son wouldn't be sleeping. In this market who in their right mind would make it hard for buyers to see their home? Another home had a strong "dead-animal" stench coming from the garage. We promptly left that house before some dude with a hockey mask and chainsaw came after us.

I did see one house that I really liked. The family trying to sell it did everything right. The place was tidy and CLEAN. The toilet lids were closed and the beds were made, dishes done and *gasp* it even smelled good in there. She put something yummy smelling in the oven and it was awesome. It had a ton of RV parking for family and the yard and house were very roomy. The only problem was that the neighborhood was not very desirable. I mean, it wasn't the ghetto but people weren't keeping up with yard work and repairs in the neighborhood like you would want to see. It was too bad because I could have really been happy with that house.

Later in the day we went looking at new construction which I hated. I hated all of it. There is something about established neighborhoods with larger lots, established landscaping, unique homes and better construction techniques that draws me. Call me crazy but I really don't want to live in a neighborhood with a HOA and pay dues every month so that people can tell me that I didn't get my garbage can in on time. And these homes are built so fast and they are SOOOOOO close to each other. This one lady trying to sell me a new home was raving about how this bedroom had a huge window in the walk-in closet. I thought she was nuts. Who wants a window in their closet? Your clothes will fade. The cookie cutter neighborhoods that these developers have carved into the pristine desert just don't really suit us.

So tomorrow we are seeing more homes. Hopefully tomorrow I find "the one". This must feel similar to speed dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers