Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where's my Wallet?

I lost my wallet. As you can imagine I am not pleased. It is amazing how much of your life you carry with you everywhere you go - in your wallet, and you don't realize it until it is gone and most probably in someone elses' unsavory hands. Here is a small list, not a complete list, of what some slime ball now knows about me:
  • Several family photos - with closeups of the kids
  • Medical cards and ID numbers for the whole family-My kid's birth dates and names were on a medical card
  • AAA tow card
  • My drivers license number and former address
  • Yearlong free pass to the zoo
  • Credit cards (2 cards total-I know it's wild)
  • My debit card
  • My checking account number
  • A home depot gift card
  • A prescription written for me - so now they know who my Dr is
  • Receipts that I needed
  • An abnormally large amount of cash because I had JUST visited the bank (enough cash to cover all of our Christmas gifts)
  • Our pediatricians name and number
  • Hotel discount cards

Sucks huh? I think in the future I will be more cautious about what information I carry with me. But how do you avoid carrying most of this info with you? You can't. Now I have put fraud alerts on my info. . . because 'tis the season for identity theft and with the economy in its current state the credit card lady kindly informed me that identity theft is at an all-time high this year and expected to get worse.

Oh- and the sellers of house number 2 turned our offer down, they didn't even counter offer. They told our agent that they weren't willing to sell the house for less than what they had listed it for. I KNOW!!! Crazy. Especially in this market. So, on to the next house. I am so tired of looking at homes, I can't even tell you. I think I have seen close to 30 homes. All I want is to be in a house by Christmas and it isn't looking good. You would think with the flood of homes on the market and the low prices I would have found one by now. But you would be wrong.

Wrong, wrong wrong.

4 comments:

  1. Well. That totally stinks. I should go through my wallet; that puppy weighs probably 5 pounds if it weighs an ounce. God only knows what all I have in there!
    And if you lived out here, I'd guarantee you'd get a house ASAP; there are so many on the market right now. Half of them are foreclosures. Bleh. One down the street...adjacent to a school...lovely backyard with mountain views...you'd think it'd be full of a family now, but now. Totally empty. Bleh. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks so bad. Did you lose it, or do you think it was stolen? They may have just taken the credit cards and cash and dumped the rest - criminals aren't all that smart. You should be able to get duplicates of all that stuff, but it will be a pain. I'm sorry! You have inspired me to clean my wallet out - I really don't need to carry around my SSN card all the time.

    That sucks about the house too. I'm sure the perfect one will come along eventually and you'll be glad this one fell through! My parents made an offer on a house earlier this year - for OVER asking price - and it was still rejected! I guess those people really don't want to move after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the wallet situation. And Sarah- take that SS card out NOW! :) My sister had a run in with id theft earlier this year, so I speak with your best interest at heart.

    One day I put all my credit card phone numbers in my cell phone so that in the event of a lost/stolen wallet on the road I could call them right away.

    But anyway, I digress...
    I hope that the most beautiful perfect home comes along before Christmas, so that you don't have to listen to minute man entertain his lucky holiday ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Sarah I'm with Joanne, take that thing out of there! There is a lot you can do with just a single SSN. Like apply for a line of credit. . .

    Thanks guys for the support guys! I don't know what happened. I just know that it wasn't in my purse where I had put it.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers