Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

A flash of Carlsbad

Can it get any worse than this?

I was sitting at a stop light yesterday and looked to my left and saw a child about 3 years old sitting in a booster seat in the front passenger seat of a minivan. (He's supposed to be in the back seat for those who don't know.) I then noticed that he was not strapped into his booster seat. Then I saw that he was very obese and eating a happy meal. And finally his presumed Mommy, the driver, whipped out a ciggy and lit that baby up. Oh - and the windows were rolled up. Isn't that fabulous? I thought I was in Carlsbad again.

Sometimes I beat myself up for not being a good enough Mommy, but I will never be that bad. I guess it helps to see truly bad Mommies because it reminds me that just because I let Lucas watch Blue's Clues all afternoon doesn't mean I am bad at my "job". That lady I saw at the stop light - now she was BAD at her job.

2 comments:

  1. my sister and I want to join a citizens police force that goes around ticketing people that don't have ther children properly fastened. You can join too. That lady would have got a bunch of tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally is Carlsbad. Sometimes I hear stories like that and think, "That can't be true, people like that don't really exist in the world." But they do, and that disturbs me greatly.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers