Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gas

Nooooo, not that kind of gas, but fuel type gas. It is cheap!! $1.77/gal. Yeah baby that's right. CHEAP. So that means I can run out and buy that Ford Expedition I've been eyeing on the lot. Too bad I'm all soured on Ford since the CEO refused to reduce or eliminate his salary from 9 point something MILLION a year. With dudes like that at the helm of these automakers it's no wonder they lacked all foresight and reason and completely failed to plan for the day that monster "air-haulers" would cease to rule the road. No wonder. And now "we" are contemplating lending them money. Hmmm. Here's how the conversation would go if they were to knock on my door and ask me - Miss Taxpayer - for money:

Them: Hello ma'am. We were wondering if you would lend us billions of dollars because we have been blindsided with the shift in market demand within the last 6 years. We swear we will use your money in the best possible way. And we swear that this time we will not jeopardize millions of peoples livelihood's by our crappy decision making. You have our word.

Me: Ummmm. No. (door slams)

2 comments:

  1. Gas is still $2.39 here. I love how we pay all these gas taxes and they use the money for... nothing. It has taken almost an entire year for Carlsbad to pave main street.

    Yeah, I will be pissed if the government gives money to the automakers. I feel like they saw the bailout and thought, hey, we should get in on that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't expect the poor guy to live on 6 million a year can you?? That's cruel and unusual.

    we paid 2.09 in Odessa last weekend, but I hear it's one somethin now.

    What's a nation to do? Too much government involvement turns into bureaucracy from hell, but too much big business turns into guys who NEED 9 mil a year.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers