Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

"AJJJJJJJJJJJ"

Lucas has decided to call his Daddy "AJ" instead of Daddy. It is the funniest thing EVER!! We have been trying to hide our amusement from Lucas but it is hard. He is in bed right now fighting to stay awake so he is calling out in his cute little 2 year old voice "AJ, AJJJJJJ, AJ!" So AJ refuses to respond to anything but Daddy so he pretends to not hear the cute little boy calling "AJ! AAAAA JJJJJJJJ" whenever he wants attention. HA HA.

I have decided that I don't know crap about teaching a kid to fall asleep by himself. Those books I have read? Worthless. Every single one. Worthless. We are back to sleepless nights, a baby who needs his Mommy each time he wakes up at night and a total of one hour of napping a day.

This sucks.

That baby should be napping WAYYYYY more than one hour a day. So what to do? I don't know. I guess I just need to go with my gut which usually turns out ok. I am so frustrated and so very very very tired. I hate resenting my kid but lately I have been. I wish I got a break from being a Mommy. I saw some pictures of myself pre-kids when my boobs were pointing up, my eyes looked rested and alert, my hair was brushed and clean, my belly was flat and my ass was smaller. What happened to that person?

Once I get Nick to start sleeping during the night and for naps life will be better again. I am just so grumpy on 5 scattered hours of sleep. For 6 months straight.

It's not all bad though. Like tonight watching Nick trying to suck down noodles was hysterical. He was so cute. And Lucas calling "AJ. . . ." is the best thing ever. So I know it will improve. I just need sleep to get there.

3 comments:

  1. i am sorry that you are having some bad months. i really hope that you get to sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, Coop is a terrible napper too. We're lucky if we get an hour a day. And that hour is broken up into 2 half an hour bits. The process of getting those 1/2 hour breaks takes about an hour. Uggghhhh, naps (or lack there of) suck. But you're right, the moments of cuteness make up for the not so cuteness. Hang in there.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious about Lucas calling his dad AJ. I guess if it illegal to feed your kids bourbon, then maybe YOU should drink it! Hmm... although that's probably child neglect. One day it will happen... you will sleep through the night. Just hang in there until that magic day comes.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers