Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Near miss

This afternoon I had what AJ in the safety world would call a near miss. I was following a large SUV through an intersection - our light had just turned green and I was the second car through when I heard someone accelerating and peeling out. Then I heard tires squealing (braking) and looked to my left where I saw a full sized Chevy pickup driven by a teenager come sliding to a stop. He ended up about 5 feet away from the van door. On the interior of the van door was a sleeping Nicholas. When I made eye contact with the asshole behind the wheel he was grinning ear to ear. As if it was some sort of joke. This was a very busy intersection with probably 30 cars around to witness this whole thing. The dude ended up stopped quite literally in the middle of the intersection.

Within 5 minutes as I drove home in a state of relief/shock ANOTHER pickup next to me driven by ANOTHER teenager (high school had just let out) drifted about half way into my lane because the asshole behind the wheel was holding his phone up on top of his steering wheel so that he could text while driving. So I laid on the horn and used some incredibly colorful language to describe him to Lucas, which I immediately regretted doing now that Lucas is learning words so fast.

SO. I came home and moved Nick's car seat into the center of the car where it should have been the entire time. We had it close to the door because it is easier to get him in and out that way. Not to be overly dramatic but . . . HOLY CRAP!!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't driving fun? We finally moved Coop's car seat to the middle too. What a pain in the ass that is. I know it's safer. But man, is it a pain to get him in and out now.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was driving back from Odessa yesterday when some idiot decided to pas FOUR cars with me and another in the on coming lane. Needless to say all six of us who did not wish to die had to move over and drive half on the shoulder at a speed that was decreased quickly from 75mph (the limit) as idiot driver careened carelessly down the center of the road. JERK FACE!!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers