Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

Update

Well the crying lasted for close to two hours which felt like an eternity. He just woke up for a snack and I put him back down awake and left again. Which killed me. He whimpered and tried to grab onto me and then started crying again, which made me cry again. But I was tough and I left him and closed the door. He cried for maybe 30 seconds and fell asleep . . . ALL BY HIMSELF!!!

Did you get that?

ALL BY HIMSELF PEOPLE!!! I am so proud of the little guy. He CAN do this and I AM NOT a bad Mommy for making him learn this. Maybe this will actually work out. Maybe I will get more than 3 whole hours of sleep in a row. Maybe I won't have to buy that king sized bed after all.

Oh and since I am typing. . . here is a brief overview of my recent battle with appliances:

  • My vacuum stopped sucking. So I had to get a new one. . . a bagless one with a HEPA filter. Say it with me now. . .Oooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhh. It works really well and sucks up so much cat hair, way more than my old P.O.S. ever did. Thanks Amy for the recommendation. . . I got a model similar to the one you suggested and I love it.
  • My 3 year old refrigerator stopped chilling. On Christmas Eve. That was nice. I had just finished loading up on all the food I would need for house guests (nearly 2 weeks worth of food) on Tuesday. And Wednesday I noticed the top shelf of the frige wasn't cold. Today a repair man came and fixed some sort of electronic circuit thingie and whaalaa. It works again. But we did loose some food. But at least I didn't have to plunk down another $1800 bucks for a refrigerator. . .
  • About 3 days after moving into this house we hooked up the washing machine which is located in our garage. I promptly started a load of wash and went into the house to finish dinner. . . it was around 5 o'clock. At around 10:30 that night I heard water running in the garage so I investigated and found the washer POURING water into the garage. I'm not talking about a sizable leak. I'm describing an entire pipe forcibly pushing large amounts of water into the garage with each passing second. This had been going on since I started the machine. Needless to say everything in the garage that was in contact with the floor was completely wet. It was awful. But we fixed the problem. Thankfully it was a relatively easy fix. Stupid machines.

Overall Christmas great. We are so lucky to have a roof over our heads, food on our table and clothes on our backs. I was reminded the other day at playgroup how lucky I am when I heard a mother discussing her husband being laid off. She said they might have their home foreclosed on. Her children are around the same age as mine and I just feel so very terrible for her and her family. So my Christmas was great.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I find it hard to know what to say about your Mommy issues - I don't have any experience with those (yet)! (But at least I'll have someone to ask when I go through the same thing.) BUT, I do have to say that I am so freakin' jealous of your vacuum cleaner! Ours no longer turns off, and gets so dusty and clogged with cat hair its pretty much useless. Ah, one day I will get one of those kick-ass dysons.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers