Lucas woke me up at 5:20am by throwing open my curtains in my bedroom and letting in the little bit of light that was starting to fill the sky. He told me in a jolting loud voice that the sun was coming up and he was hungry. I told him it was way too early for him to be up and to go back to bed. He climbed into bed with me and asked me to turn on cartoons.
Previously Nick had come into my room at 2:00am (not 2:01am but exactly 2 am.) and was crying. I pulled him into bed and then after he calmed down I returned him to his own bed. At some point after that while I was deep in a sleep deprived coma, he must have climbed back into bed with me because I vaguely remember him thrashing around beside me. And then I fully woke up when he began snoring in my ear with his mouth hanging open and drool all over my pillow. It was really cute and I was afraid to move him to his own bed again because if he woke up I'd be screwed.
This morning Nick insisted on going outside in his pajamas. I was happy to let him go as long as I didn't have to use brain power to entertain him. I went outside to empty the baby pool so there wouldn't be a drowning hazard and then came back inside. Next thing I know a muddy brown Nick - from head to toe - shows up at the back door. His pajamas weren't red anymore they were dark brown with mud. He had fallen face first into the mud and was FILTHY. I stripped him down and sent him back outside naked, at 7:30 am.
I sense that today will be about survival. And as usual AJ is out of town and sleeping soundly in a hotel room.
4 days ago





Maybe AJ got a room close to the ice machine or elevator. Sometimes I secretly wish that on Mark when I know he's sleeping soundly in a far away hotel room (kidding of course).
ReplyDeleteI hope the rest of your day is mud free.
My favorite bit: entertaining activity for child that requires no brain power from mommy. Yes!!! If there is mud involved, so be it.
ReplyDeleteI can't beleive that you don't already have your apron on and a nice wholesome warm breakfast ready by 5 am :)
ReplyDelete