Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pissing Match

Nick scared the heck out of me when I caught a glimpse of his feet.  As it turns out AJ had re-labeled his socks with a purple pen. . . because Nick and Lucas are just about in the same sized clothing and I can't tell whose drawers get what clothing. Lucas is in the 50th percentile for height and weight and Nick is in the 95th for height and 25th for weight. 








And this little GEM of a photo is Lucas posing willingly for a picture and Nick coming at him with his tongue sticking out so that he can spit into Lucas's hair.  I'm not proud people.  Not proud. 













As you can see Lucas doesn't seem to mind this at all.  In fact he (I'm cringing at this admission) loved it and thought it was funny as hell.  He turned and returned the spitting favor by rubbing saliva on Nick's leg.  They both loudly said "EWWWWW!" and giggled about how gross they were being.  Ummm.  FYI.  I don't condone this and am not sure what other tactics I can use to discourage this.  I've tried it all.  And they still love spit.  LOVE SPIT.  Gawd.
I'm about to make wide (and probably false) assumptions about differences in boys and girls but these are just my observations of late - I don't remember ever doing this sort of thing with/to my sister.  When we grew up, sure, we played with mud and climbed trees and I was by many measures a tomboy.  But I don't remember tackling Stella, or spitting on her and sharing a hearty laugh over how disgusting we were.  I vaguely remember some of my (many) male cousins doing and enjoying these things.  I am wholly unfamiliar with boy behavior and think that this type of thing will get them ostracized by other kids.  AJ on the other hand says that I am fighting an uphill battle that I am eventually going to loose.  Boys are naturally gross.  Mine like to identify the types of food they ate in their vomit and feces.  They spit on each other and love it.  They get down on their hands and knees behind the dog and watch the poop coming out of her butt while going "ewwww!".  They are gross.  I love them, and cherish them but they are very different than what I am familiar with.  Am I fighting a loosing battle by trying to civilize them enough that they don't rub body fluids on each other?  I wasn't going to share this but I caught them trying to pee on each other across the toilet bowl the other day. They were apparently both using the toilet at the same time and decided to see if they could "make it" to the other side where the brother was standing.  I heard all the giggling and investigated, where I discovered the pissing match.  I hope I find humor in this in several years.

4 comments:

  1. My brothers used to do that kind of stuff all the time. They would go out to the back yard and try to write their names in pee on the wooden fence. I remember my mom just laughing....maybe that was all she could do to stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that is exactly what I need to hear. I'm not failing myself, kids and society when I throw my hands up and walk away. This is normal?? Seriously? How vigorously should I correct this? Where is the handbook on raising kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you will find humor in it someday!

    I guess it's normal. I don't know. I'll keep you posted as Sara and Caroline get a little older in the coming years:)

    Hang in there. It will be ok. They will not still be peeing on each other when they are 19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy, just look what I have to look forward to :). Seriously, I do remember wrestling with my brother and even farting on him on occasion when we were little (not recently). I'm blaming it on having a male sibling growing up because otherwise I'm totally a lady. Yes, I may be stereotyping..but it is what it is. Apples and Oranges, there's no way around it.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers