Nick threw two full on - NO HOLDS BARRED temper tantrums yesterday. We are in full two year old mode here where he is the dictator and we are his servants. If he wants to hit you he does. If he thinks it would be funny to step on the dog, he does. If he doesn't want to get into his car seat than it takes five minutes. FIVE MINUTES of forcibly pushing a little body into the seat only to have him wiggle his arched head and back over three inches so that it is impossible to get the chest strap on and then just when you get his arms under the damned straps and have pushed his chest into the seat his hips fly out and legs kick you in the face - you recoil and have to start again. Once you get him in the seat he promptly cries so hard he vomits all over himself and the semi-clean car then falls asleep. It is 9:45 am and you are finally able to get out of the Wal-mart parking lot. Oh yes. This little drama has to occur at child abuse central - WAL-MART. It will be a long day. It will be a day for margaritas at 2:00pm. Because Daddy doesn't come home until Friday and the week is young.
Lucas is in the "why" phase. It came on suddenly. Without any warning at all. Everything is "why". I LOVE that he is super excited and curious about his world. I love that his imagination has exploded and he wants to know how and why things are the way they are. I love that he is smart enough to want to know "why". However, when he is asking why that kid's shirt is red, or why don't we eat dirt, or why our teeth chew food, or why he can't sit on Nick's head. . . . I want to scream. Usually the urge to scream is preceded by me patiently answering his questions. . . . question after question after question. . . . for what feels like hours - and then there comes a point where I want to scream. Just before I do scream he usually makes me laugh by saying this phrase: "Why Mommy, Why, WHY?"
Now. Say that phrase as fast as you can and in a cute little kid voice and you might see the humor. It makes me laugh every time because he sounds so urgent and so intense. WHYYYYY?? And he kind of sounds like a crazy person too - which is how I feel, so it is doubly funny. Why Mommy, why why!!??
Because I said so.
4 days ago





ick. Sorry, hope the week goes by quick for ya.
ReplyDeleteWhy, Mommy, why does Nick puke all over the car?? On your list of difficulties, that one tops the "Gah!!" list for me. Take care!
ReplyDeleteAs I've told you before you are my HERO. And my go to guru for how I'm going to deal with 2 Boys. This motherhood gig is hard work. Why oh WHY is it soooooo hard sometimes??? Ask Lucas that for me would ya?
ReplyDeleteomg story of my life! i feel ya..but you have both the mental and physical hardship to deal with. thats how i feel and one still stuck on my boob!!!
ReplyDeletesara