WHY?? Why must I bore you with more kitty action? Because the kids are getting the stomach flu that I just got over and they aren't very photogenic today. That's why. And because it is a relief that the cats aren't trying to kill each other anymore.
Do you know how stressful it is to live with angry kitties?? Surprisingly stressful. These bitches know how to cause universal misery.
Surprisingly Riley (the calico) who has always been soooooo timid has come out of her shell and is cracking down on all the attitude flying around this house. She decided a few days ago that she will hide in the closet NO MORE, and she will sit in the sunshine when ever she feels like it and Haylee (white cat) and Maya (leopard cat) can suck it if they don't like it.
I know. My descriptive language is super classy.
So Riley, one night, stepped out of the closet and laid down the law. Maya got an ear full of growling and hissing and Haylee sat in the corner like a scolded child. Ever since then, Riley has been the peacemaker. It's her way now. She is the *ahem* Hefty one and therefore she rules by intimidation now.
I love that she has stepped up to the plate. Maya still pisses Haylee and Riley off only because she is younger and wants to play chase and tackle play. . . . which obese older kitties are not enthusiastic about. Olivia (dog) and Maya have decided to chase each other through the house lately.
Oh and it probably helps that I've been shamelessly and liberally drugging them with catnip. That shit is seriously like kitty weed. They just don't give a damn after a bit of the nip. And it is fun for me to watch them get high.
Nick refused to take a nap so I told him to take quiet time in the bedroom. He took his pants off and fell asleep with TWO baba's .
Uh Huh. I know. Most people feel that baba's are bad - especially for a two year old. However, this like everything else in parenting is subjective. I'll do the old "it's time to give them to other babies" trick in about 6 months when he turns three. Three is a more self assured age and a better time for that transition - in my obnoxious opinion.
Oh and helpful tip of the day: When your child says they have a tummy ache. Immediately give them a barf bowl . . . just in case. And don't put them into your bed without putting on your old sheets and a towel on top of that. . . just in case.
6 days ago





Ick, stomach flu! Let me know if you need anything, and don't be hurt if I leave whatever is needed at the door and run! Sorry :-(
ReplyDeleteI love the kitty drama, we are experiancing the same issues here. The vet said to put a pheremone collar on Demi, and that seemed to calm her down so she wasn't PMS kitty from hell. But it was only good for a month, so we took it off, threw it away, and figured she'd find her own way to coupe. I'm glad your kitties are finally getting along!
Seriously, whatever it takes to get a nap or quiet time out of a cranky toddler. Aren't they sweet when asleep??
ReplyDeleteKitty Nation! Now if someone would just invent kidnip. I can't get over how beautiful Maya's markings are.
ReplyDeleteI think that a 2 year old with a pacifier is no more ridiculous (actually less so) then a 3 year old who still has to have her milk in a bottle.
ReplyDeletethey WILL drop them before first grade. right?