Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Pullups and A Scary Rug

Long after your child has been potty trained, keep a stash of pullups around for when they get the flu - even if you never used pullups to begin with.  At 2 am after the second accident you will want to put the sick child into something easy, comfortable and disposable for the NEXT SIX accidents that happen before the sun comes up. 

I hadn't thought about it before, but young children aren't able to guage a fart from something more serious. . . . so I'm glad I had those disposables around because 4 year olds make BIG messes.

Big messes.

Poor little man was pretty upset about all the mess, but we reassured him that this happens to everyone at some point and he seems to feel better about things. 

Now is the challenge of keeping him hydrated. . . we bought "fancy water" which is the flavored water.  I've never purchased flavored water before because it seems silly to pay money for that sort of thing  - but little man is having trouble keeping stuff down so . . .

In other news: Last week we hung this Peruvian rug on our bedroom wall thinking it would add some color to the room.  BAD IDEA.  I'm sure you can see why. 



Those stinkin' eagles scared the hell out of me in the dark.  I made AJ get up the other night and take it off the wall so I could go to sleep.  What was I thinking??  This was totally foreseeable.  Look at the claws on those things.  And somehow in the dark the eagles look like huge eyes and the pyramids look like a nose  . . . so three sets of eyes looking down on me was unnerving. 

I still love the rug (so colorful and pretty) but it needs to hang somewhere else.

2 comments:

  1. I can see how the rug could scare you in the middle of the night!
    Poor Lucas :-( I hope he's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. send the rug to Amy. she'll love those birds!!!
    hope lucas is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers