Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My New Toy

I got a very fancy scanner for Christmas that allows me to scan film (I have sooo much film) and convert it to digital copies. 

It.
Is.
Awesome.

My wedding photos were taken about 6 months before you had the option of getting digital versions so all of my photos are on film.  It worked out to my benefit because I am able to scan a fairly high resolution photo from the film, but the original digital copy (had I gotten one) would have been fairly low quality by today's standards. 

And now I'm a scanning fool. To make it even better. . . included in the box with my super deluxe scanner was a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements. 

Hell yeah bitches.  You heard me.  I am able to not only scan them. . . I can edit too. 

If any of my friends have old film they would like to convert to digital copies. . . I'm totally open to you coming on over to Casa de Kristin and scan away.  Or I can scan it for you. 

I'm so happy I can get copies of my pictures now. . . and not risk some 18 year old meth addict developer at the Methmart photocenter messing up my irreplaceable film. 

I reduced this photo resolution for the ol blog but I could easily get 8X10's or 11X14's if I wanted. Notice I was able to keep the flowers colored?  Pretty cool stuff for this housewife.  I'm super excited to FINALLY get Photoshop. 

But let's just back up a moment.  Look how YOUNG I AM. 

This was only in 2002.  Ahhhhh, memories.  I need to run out and get some more wrinkle reducing age defying moisturizer. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes!! Beautiful indeed. Hurry up and learn photoshop so you can pass on some tips. We have it and I'm still intimidated to do much with it.

    PS. I'm trying to catch up on all my favorite blogs. I've missed you!!!! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New toys!!! Beautiful without a doubt. Hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!! I hope each of you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers