Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Drama at the Pizza Joint

AJ and I were at a pizza place tonight chowing on our pizza when this loud family took the booth behind me. AJ was facing them so I didn't see all the action but I heard it pretty clearly. The mom spoke really rapidly so I will refer to her as "Speedy". Speedy and her family were joined by another family whose mom I will refer to as "Blondie". Each family had 2 kids and all were similar in ages. When Blondie arrived she started jumping up and down squealing and leaped into Speedy's hubby's arms and stayed there for what seemed like a really long time. Speedy got noticeably pissy with this probably because Blondie wouldn't let go of her man.

So then they all sat down at the same booth, it was one of those circular corner booths, and the kids started jumping up and down and tackling each other while the parents were trying to talk. It was so obnoxious. Lucas sat there staring at them with this "I didn't know we could do that" expression on his face. AJ leaned over to Lucas and explained that jumping on the seats is a no-no and that he was being a good boy because he was sitting quietly and eating. So then Lucas began pointing at the kids and yelling NO-NO! NO-NO! Why don't toddlers have a volume control?

So Speedy I'm guessing was still worked up about the inappropriately long hug and embrace because she started barking at Blondie's kids to settle down. Blondie quipped to Speedy that her kids weren't the only ones jumping around and that all the kids needed to behave. Now I don't think these women knew each other very well because when they first arrived they had to be reminded of the children's names. They all were talking about High School so I am guessing this was some sort of a reunion. As we got up to leave I turned and saw Blondie reaching across her HUSBAND to hold onto the arm of Speedy's hubby. HYSTERICAL. And as I was leaving the two young gals sitting across from us were discussing some dude and how he was a nice piece of A$$ but not the best. Juicy.

We live such a vanilla life compared to most people. It really blows me away how much drama some people create and live with.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, high school drama continues into adulthood! People. They're good for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers