Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting Bigger

Lucas has begun combining words and I am so happy. Today he said "light on please"!!! He even said please. He said screwdriver, light bulb, house, home, new, buy, snow and salt. He also said "baby night night" , "daddy go work", "no poop - gas", and many more. It is so cool. All of a sudden too. It is like one day he woke up and decided to try to talk more. The kid is also now trying to outsmart us, which I knew was coming but today it was confirmed. He was helping AJ around the house and AJ let him have a screwdriver, which I promptly took away and had a "discussion" with AJ about. So the compromise was that Lucas sit on the ground and use the screwdriver. He decided to unscrew his vacuum cleaner and put it back together. When he was done he got onto his hands and knees and CRAWLED around the floor with the screwdriver . . . because he wasn't walking or running like we told him not to do, he was CRAWLING.

Also today I was sweeping the kitchen floor (for the third time this week and keep in mind it is Tuesday) making a pile in the center of the room to get with a dustpan. After Lucas deliberately walked through my pile 2 times I sternly told him to not do that again. He smiled at me and then JUMPED IN A CIRCLE around my pile. Little shit. Then when he got bored with that he got down onto his belly and put his face to my pile of debris and blew on my pile. So I taught him to hold the dustpan. Clearly the kid was bored. Bored kids need work. I have decided that when he starts being a little brat he is getting work. I have plenty of work around here for him to do so he might as well get to it. Picking up laundry, toys and books for starters. He could vacuum, dust and hold my dustpan. I am getting very creative when it comes to child labor.

This morning the kids were eating snow out of a cup that I gave them. Snow is apparently a really big deal. And eating it can go on for an hour or more. Well anyway. . .they were sitting on the couch together and Nick got pissed that Lucas was getting all the snow so he took the cup from Lucas. It was really funny. I truly didn't think a 6 month old could fight back but he did. Here are pictures.




Here is a picture of Lucas playing with salt. We were fixing dinner and turned around and Lucas had dumped salt onto his plate and was playing with it. He was so sweet. I mean, he could have dumped it onto the floor or the table. But he quietly entertained himself with salt neatly contained on his plate. Am I becoming one of those moms who think their kid is cute even when they misbehave? Well anyway he was cute.



This is Nick's idea of eating a banana. He was all pissy before dinner because he was hungry and nobody was feeding him yet so I popped open a banana and gave it to him. And it worked. I got to eat my meal in peace. Then once is food cooled down (I pureed our meal for him) he ate that too. I love the expression on his face.

1 comment:

  1. we are eagerly awaiting Sara becoming useful around the house. Iffy thinks it will be awesome when she can go get a beer out of the fridge. I think it will be awesome when putting things IN a drawer/cabinet will be nearly as fun as pulling them OUT all over the floor.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers