Lucas turned THREE! Can you believe it? I sure can't. But I can't stop the clock.
Big Boy Lucas had a good day - and we parents (and Grammy) had a rough day. Lucas was defiant at every turn and ended up in time-out multiple times. When timeout stopped working he went to his room, where he promptly locked Mommy out of his room!! With some sternly issued words from my side of the door Lucas opened his lock and smiled sweetly at me (and I resolved to remove the lock at the first chance I get) while I gritted my teeth.
Instead of taking some rope and tying him to a chair (which was tempting but not legal) I tried to reason with him. HA! Never try to reason with a three year old. Never. Immediately after what I thought was a successful negotiation with Lucas, he ran into the living room and kicked the dog. So he lost his new favorite toy: the new ship he got for his birthday. Did that work? Nooooooo it did not. And it went on and on. No punishment was working. I'm not sure how to survive this stage. My Mom casually mentioned that tonight would have been a good night for her to sip on some whiskey. . . except that we don't have whiskey in the house. I'll have to get her some. Poor Grammy.

.JPG)






Big Boy Lucas had a good day - and we parents (and Grammy) had a rough day. Lucas was defiant at every turn and ended up in time-out multiple times. When timeout stopped working he went to his room, where he promptly locked Mommy out of his room!! With some sternly issued words from my side of the door Lucas opened his lock and smiled sweetly at me (and I resolved to remove the lock at the first chance I get) while I gritted my teeth.
Instead of taking some rope and tying him to a chair (which was tempting but not legal) I tried to reason with him. HA! Never try to reason with a three year old. Never. Immediately after what I thought was a successful negotiation with Lucas, he ran into the living room and kicked the dog. So he lost his new favorite toy: the new ship he got for his birthday. Did that work? Nooooooo it did not. And it went on and on. No punishment was working. I'm not sure how to survive this stage. My Mom casually mentioned that tonight would have been a good night for her to sip on some whiskey. . . except that we don't have whiskey in the house. I'll have to get her some. Poor Grammy.





Sorry you guys had a bad day. Hopefully it was just the excitement of the birthday and it won't stick around.
ReplyDeleteAnd if all else fails, buy some whiskey:)
Hand the clock to Lucas - surely he can stop it?
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your sweet little big holy terror.
I guess if there's any day to use a "get of jail free card", it would be your birthday.
ReplyDeleteJust wait for those birthdays when he's out drinking whiskey and you lock him out of the house :)(j/k of course)
Happy Birthday Lucas!