Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Different Time

This is from a long lost civilization that I am completely unfamiliar with.

Wow. Right?

It's not just me is it? That is some crazy SH*$ right there.

Let me just sum this up from my unwholesome 21st century point of view:
  • Children in fur are not sexy
  • I CAN open it *gasp*
  • if you love your child you will Feed THEM COLA and 7UP
  • the psycho kid with the Cellophane bread is that way due to the contents of her "enriched bread" and quite possibly an early start on cola
  • Santa should be smoking so he can deal with the children hyped on on sugar sodas
  • I DID NOT TAKE MY VITAMINS TODAY!
  • This is the generation who dropped the A-Bomb thus exposing the entire globe to radiation. Nuff said.

9 comments:

  1. EESH.. . Here is another one to add to our unwholesomeness. I don’t remember exactly what it is but better homes and gardens or betty crocker 1968 “how to be a better wife” or something like that. We had it on our fridge as a joke. Forgot to take it off when my parents visited. They said NOTHING but I am sure it was noticed. After we moved somehow it didn’t end up back on the fridge but I know it’s in a box somewhere in the house. I’m sure Amy M knows what I am talking about. I believe it was first spotted by at the cave. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled "how to be a better wife" and this is what I found

    http://www.ehow.com/how_2256655_be-better-wife.html

    I can't link in the comments but apparently there is plenty of advice out there still. Maybe I can't be all self righteous and superior about our generation. We suck too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no not even close. This was the woman in the dress taking the casserole out of the oven type paper/picture. Make sure the kids are quite, put a bow in your hair and make sure you make up looks good type thing. Whole list of appropriate things to do to be the best wife you can be.......in 1968 or something. We found it very funny in a twisted sort of way. I'll look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here it is: The good wife's guide 1955. Close but not 1968...still, my paretns said NOTHING. I find that very very funny!
    But remember you always know your place.
    http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!! That is funny stuff. I liked what Snopes.com had to say too. Wowza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. I immediatley thought of the Better Wife list when I was reading this too. That got a lot of life (and laughs) in our house too. Mark still brings stuff up on the list to mess with me. I need to make a Better Husband list for him in retaliation. I would love to come home with Mark all gussied up wearing his apron and cocktail in hand for me. As it should be :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kid is holding a teddy bear; not wearing fur. Unless you're talking about a different ad...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo sorry. The "innocent" kid holding a teddy bear (with fur) is not sexy. There. I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers