Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Way Over the Line

People have been posting this on facebook and I think it is really terrible. I can't imagine wanting a U.S. President dead. I realize it might be a joke or some sort of snarky statement but it is inappropriate. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you should wish them death. Extremists aren't just over seas or of a different religion. What ever happened to that old belief of forgiving each other?

DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN.

4 comments:

  1. I saw that a few times on FB yesterday & was so angry. It doesn't really matter which party you are a member of. To wish a president dead (or even imply such) is just wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I was walking around the city during lunch, and stumbled upon a tea party rally. It was seriously frightening. I man came up to me and asked if I "was from around here". I said yes, and thought I was going to have to get in a fight with him... but he just asked me if I knew where McDonalds was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I have not seen that yet. What is wrong with people?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps I think I would unfriend someone who posted that....

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers