Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mommy Needs a Time-Out and Medication

Took the kids to the Dr. again yesterday. This time for a mysterious cough (nasty, productive, awful sounding) that has lasted for 5 weeks. It's a lonnnng story that I won't bore you with details but 2.5 hours later we were able to leave the doctor - after getting two completely unnecessary tests. Nick got a Rx for an antibiotic to treat a possible sinus infection (which may cause drainage = cough) and Lucas got the dreaded amoxicillin for a possible sinus infection. I am super paranoid now about mixing up the syringes for dosing the kids - because Nick can't have any amoxicillin. Ever. And even though I wash them I am still worried.

Nick got his drugs last night before bed and . . . . appeared to have some sort of mild reaction to the drug and was up LITERALLY all night long. He finally fell asleep around 4:30 am. Ahhhh.

Then we got up at the crack of dawn and headed off to the RV park where my parents are staying so that the kids could watch them drive away (they left this morning) which in theory will help them realize that they are actually gone and not just hiding in their campsite. I don't think it worked because Lucas keeps asking when Grammy and Pop are coming by. *deep sigh*

Then Nick had explosive diarrhea - likely another reaction to his antibiotic. That was fun. I would post a picture of the incredible fun I had cleaning it up but I will spare you. If I could somehow send the smell across the internet to you I would though. It was highly aromatic.

Then Nick's speech lady arrived. Then the boys started fighting. Aggressively fighting. Then I pulled my hair out. Then I further eroded the fragile lining of my stomach by consuming wayyy too much Diet Coke as a feeble attempt at coping with this day.

Instead of lunch I fed the children graham crackers dipped in milk (they do the dipping) and sent them off to a VERY early nap/quiet time. I will feed them something more substantial if I am able to recover some measure of sanity - and after my stomach stop hurting.

Next up: I get to go change sheets again from another potty accident in bed. Then I will be freed up to empty the dishwasher *I know!!* YAYYYY! How freakin' jealous are you? Shut Up!! I know you want to be me.

Update: Great NEWS! Then neighbor just came by and rang the doorbell and woke Nick up. I smiled through gritted teeth trying to be nice. The few brain cells that are still rational ask how could he know Nick was sleeping, but the rest of me is obsessing over his stupidity.

And I didn't get to work out because I drank too much Diet Coke (stomach hurts) and decided to update my blog instead of taking care of my body. So far my 33 year sucks a big fatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers