Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This Sucks

In true Johnson fashion we have failed to plan our for our upcoming trip camping with AJ's family. We have a limited amount of time to get a TON of stuff done. The most important of which is to get an complete drip irrigation system into the yard before we leave. Our plants will be dead when we get home if we don't accomplish this HUMONGOUS task. Our property is 0.24 acres and while the home takes up a chunk of that, there is still a large area that we have to dig trenches, run pipe, move existing rock, run electrical wire, set drip lines, program timers, ensure plants get adequate water. . . . . OMG!!!!! All in about ehhhh, 8 or 9 days (including weekdays where AJ is not home).

I moved about two tons of river rock yesterday. . . and here is a picture of what ONE of my hands look like - you should see the palm of this hand. I am in pain and miserable but there is no slacking off now. Trenching has only begun and I still have a few more tons of rock to move. I'm cranky and irritable.


Damn us for not planning better. Damn us for sitting on our butts on Saturday night, casually discussing the trip and then realizing with wide eyes that we need to MOVE NOW on this project because time has snuck up on us. Sunday and Monday were spent in planning and the beginning stages of the project. We have hundreds of feet of pipe, fittings, valves etc.

Plus we have a huge list of difficult, time consuming chores that also need to be accomplished before we leave. We need new tires and rims for the trailer. We need a battery for the trailer. We need trailer brakes installed on the vehicle. We need to get the F-ing trailer registered which is proving harder than we expected. Couple that with AJ leaving town for 2 weeks, doctors appointments, AJ getting the flu, and you have the makings of a panic attack for old Kristin.

This is just me venting. I get that everyone is stressed about things and my things probably aren't that terrible. I am just pissy that we are so poor at planning. It is always last minute with us and I hate that it causes unnecessary stress.

6 comments:

  1. i am such a procrastinator so i feel ya..when i was younger without kids, i did so much better under pressure, but now i have no patience and i go into major stree mode too..if you ever want to bring the boys of for a coupld hrs to run errand jut let me know. joseoh would always love company :)
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add to your to do list: buy cushier gloves. Good luck....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I wish I lived by you and I'd tell you I'd water while you were gone. Then you wouldn't have to hustle on the irrigation system so much. Just think once you've done all the planning, you can sit back and relax in a cushy camp chair on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara! You are right. Pre-children this wouldn't have been so bad. Even with just Lucas it would have been do-able. But with two of them running around . . . causing trouble while you are trying to work - it is so stressful.

    Yes cushier gloves would have helped, but at this point I think the only thing that will help is wrapping my wounds and the friction points with some duct tape. Let's all take a moment to bow our heads and thank the Gods for Duct Tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Amy you are so nice! I guess I could ask people to water, but truly it is a major pain to do and a big imposition. Plus, if we loose plants I don't want to blame anyone else but myself. I am going to ask my neighbor to come by and make sure nothing looks like it is dying just in case though.

    I seriously can't wait to be chillin' on the beach in my chair with a beer *ahem*, LEMONAIDE in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it will be ok. I bet you've already got alot of that stuff done. Hope you have a fun camping trip in your new little home on wheels!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers