Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The House of Germs, Laxatives and Motorcycle Murders

Sinus infection update:  Still horrible.  Still disgusting.  Still getting worse if that's possible.  I've been trying the Netti Pot in desperation.  Let me say this: It is very odd to willingly fill your nose/sinuses with water.  Think I may have to cave in and go back for more antibiotics.  Hate antibiotics. 

AJ eye infection update:  Still ugly enough to make me consider sleeping on the couch just to get away from it.  The damn thing is so gross - sometimes I think his eye is waving at me across the room.  He is still taking his Rx  . . . . but damn.  Damn. It reminds me of the dude on Something About Mary.  Yeah.  Damn.

Snotty nose(s) update: Gooey.  Very gooey.  Often find boogers in hair, on cheeks, on chins, on arm sleeves on brother's back.



 Maya (cat) has an ear infection/fungal infection.  Yuck.  Thankfully we have an awesome vet who decided NOT to culture the swab ($$) but to give us a medication to treat everything at one time - just in case.  Let me just say that fuzzy gray stuff in a cat ear is sooooo shocking to find.  I actually recoiled.  I don't get disgusted that easily (except by AJ's eye infection that keeps waving at me across the room).

Whoa.  That's a whole lotta lip there.

In other news, I've discovered that I'm awesome at Wii archery and am really terrible at Super Mario Bros motorcycle racing. In fact I admit that I'm a really poor looser that demonstrated TERRIBLE sportsmanship by intentionally running AJ off the road because he was a full lap ahead of me. In my defense he was a show-off that deserved to have his motorcycle run off of that cliff. Anyway. He lost that race and I won all because I was smart enough to lay in wait on the side of the race track. ;-) Thankfully the kids were in quiet time and did not witness this . . . .


 I Skyped with my sister yesterday, it was really good to see her and the kids loved to see her too. They showed her all of their Christmas presents which she oohhh'd and ahhhh'd over.



The children have decided to go on a poop strike.  They are being loaded up with Pediatrician approved laxatives.  Soon we will have poop again.  I am not afraid to go in and get it myself, if needed. 

Motherhood has certainly changed me.  I would never have guessed I'd be demanding poop from my children.  Poop Dammit!!!

Speaking of poop.  Nick, up until the great poop strike of 2011, would loudly announce that he's going to "go puoooop".  He would say this as he tucked a small book under one arm and marched off to the play room and closed the door for "privacy, mommy, privacy."  It is so cute.  If I were a good Mommy I'd grab his little self and plop him onto the toilet for some toilet training.  But here's my take on this:  He's 2.  He's only two.  And I'm in no hurry to potty train.  I know Nick, and Nick is going to hit the ripe old age of 3 and decide that he wants to do what everyone else does: sit on the potty.  Until then I'm not about to turn up the heat on the potty training.  And besides.  I'm not allowed (says Nick) to interrupt his privacy while he's puuuooooping in the play room.  A little man needs his space.  I've gotta respect that, especially if I expect him to respect my privacy in the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. Yuck, yuck, yuck. New wallpaper is nice, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree...yuck. As far as the sinus infection goes, try a good nose spray then hope in a hot shower with the netti pot. That's the only way to get my sinus' cleared out when they are really stopped up.
    Hope the household gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers