Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Falling off the bed

Yesterday we followed AJ to Los Alamos when he went up there for work. AJ went off to work and I stayed in the hotel for a couple of hours with the kids watching cartoons. Well Mr. Lucas kept jumping on the bed and I kept telling him to knock it off or he was going to get hurt. And guess what? He did. He fell, landed right on top of his head. I ran and picked him up and his eyes rolled back in his head and he passed out and then started jerking a little. Just a little. So I laid him on the bed where he woke up and didn't move at all. He just stared at me. So I asked him to move his arms and legs which he did. But he still just stared at me so. . . I panicked a little bit. I can handle the passing out and the possible seizure but I can't handle him not acting normal. So. . . I called 911. They came and were very nice and told me that he seemed ok. His heart rate and respirations were normal and his pupils constricted normally and equally. WHEW. Little shit. He ended up with a hell of a headache later in the day which I treated with Motrin. This won't be the last time I seek emergency care for my boys, that I know. But I don't want to call 911 again. I felt like such a 'tard afterward, like some hysterical mother.

Here he is watching a movie in his fancy new sleeping bag before bed.

2 comments:

  1. You were right to cal 911, I would too. Besides the emt guys probably don't mind getting an "easy" one and not having to deal with some crack smoker gushing out infected blood on them!

    My sister's friend once had to call 911 because her kid locked himself in the bathroom and she couldn't get him out! Not quite the same, i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Lucas is okay. I freaked out reading this so I can only imagine what you were going through. I totally would have called 911. You did the right thing. No more monkeys jumping on the bead :)

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers